US & International Satellite Licensing
The successful introduction and ongoing operations of any satellite communications network are closely bound with international regulatory procedures. Implementing an international regulatory strategy requires an understanding of complex issues such as radio-frequency spectrum coordination, compliance with international satellite service agreements and in-country licensing approval.
Appreciating the different applicant eligibility requirements, licensee milestones, service conditions and filing obligations in the United States and around the world can present challenges for big and small companies alike.
We can help you manage your domestic and international licensing portfolio by:
- Preparing and filing licensing applications for both private and commercial networks
- Obtaining waivers to overcome restrictive conditions
- Negotiating coordination agreements with other spectrum users
- Advising on maintaining and modifying authorizations once the network is operating
- Advocating before national regulatory authorities for licensing and spectrum protection
- Counseling on issues relating to national security, law enforcement, foreign policy, and international trade
- Advising on compliance with foreign lawful interception standards, data retention and privacy regulations
- Managing, negotiating and drafting international telecommunications agreements