The United States maintains controls on critical military equipment and technology pursuant to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (“ITAR”), as well as on less critical military and civil materials, equipment, and technology pursuant to the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”).
Any business engaging in international operations and transactions is potentially subject to these regulations, particularly in the space and telecommunications sectors. Compliance with all U.S. export, import, and technology transfer laws and regulations, as well as those of each country in which a business operates, is essential to avoid steep civil fines, suspension or revocation of export privileges, and possible criminal penalties.
We help guide you through the myriad laws and regulations to mitigate risk by:
- Counseling on ITAR and EAR compliance issues
- Advising on compliance procedures associated with export regulations
- Developing compliance plans to identify and mitigate points of risk related to export controls
- Preparing and filing licensing applications with regulatory bodies including the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Commerce
- Advocating before regulatory bodies to develop compliance approaches tailored to unique business needs