Ola Smolskaya is a telecommunications consultant with expertise in the commercial and regulatory aspects of new market development in the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) region. She specializes in conducting research in remote market access, regulatory legislation, and telecommunications licensing in Eastern European, the Russian Federation, and the CIS.
Acting on behalf of LMI’s clients, Ola conducts market access research and coordinates the efforts of various stakeholders to facilitate engagement with foreign regulators to obtain appropriate authority for new services. She ensures that clients’ projects comply with political, technical, and regulatory requirements, and strives to minimize such mandates in the context of regulator negotiations.
Ola has extensive industry experience and a successful record of assisting global service providers in local markets, policy and industry standards compliance, solution implementation and platforms integration, mitigation plans and dispute resolution, as well as strategic consultant services to eliminate obstacles for market access. She has closely worked on satellite and telecommunication projects with government officials including communications regulators, trade committees, ministries, customs, and air transport authorities in Russia/CIS, China and the United States.
- Foreign Market Access
- Government Services
- International Satellite Regulation
- Telecommunications Licensing and Policy
- International Institute of Business Analysis, CCBA Certified, 2017
- Educational Center of High-Tech Park IT-Academy – Minsk, Belarus. Business Analysis Professional Development Course, 2016
- Shanghai University SHU, College of International Exchange – Shanghai, China. Chinese Mandarin Program, 2009
- Belarusian State Economics University BSEU – Minsk, Belarus. M.Sc. and B.S. in International Finance and Banking, 2008