Dr. Numa Isnard is a Consulting Principal based in Paris, France. He is a France and U.S.-trained attorney with global experience in telecoms, media, and technology (TMT) issues, and the regulation of space activities.
Numa advises telecommunications operators, digital services providers, satellite operators, public organizations, and various other clients. He provides assistance regarding spectrum authorizations and has been involved in satellite procurement negotiations. He practices before the French National Telecommunications Authority (ARCEP), the French Spectrum Regulation Agency (ANFR), and other European regulatory bodies.
Numa’s practice is global, with a special focus on Europe and Africa, where he regularly advises international organizations, governments, and other stakeholders, especially on telecommunications and information and communications technology (ICT) matters.
Numa began his career counseling telecommunications operators in France on public affairs and competition-related issues. He has also had in-house experience at one of the biggest national industry players. He was then trained as an attorney-at-law at Linklaters Paris office and helped clients investing in several regulated sectors, including energy and renewables. Numa also clerked at the Supreme Court of India, where he was particularly involved in sector-specific taxation and landmark privacy-related cases.
Recently, Numa has worked at a boutique law firm based in Paris, where he has advised clients on various TMT matters, including GDPR compliance, and managed a dedicated practice for space activities.
- European and African TMT Regulation & Policy
- Space Law and Satellite Regulation
- Spectrum Policy & Management
- Government & Public Affairs
- Contract Drafting and Negotiation
- University of California, Berkeley, LL.M, 2017
- INSEAD, Business Certificate, 2017
- Paris-Saclay University, Ph.D. (Law), 2015
- Paris-Saclay University, LL.M, Space & Telecommunications, 2011
- La Sorbonne University, Master of Laws, 2010
Bar Admissions and Memberships
- Paris Bar, France (Avocat à la Cour)
- European Centre for Space Law (ESA-ECSL)
- Union Internationale des Avocats